Tasir® Easy-Cure Repair Mortar is a fast turnaround, fiber reinforced, single component, high-performance cementitious repair mortar for horizontal or formed vertical repairs. Tasir® Easy-Cure Repair Mortar requires no wet cure or curing compounds. Tasir® Easy-Cure Repair Mortar may be extended with coarse aggregate to make a fast setting concrete for deeper placements. Tasir® Easy-Cure Repair Mortar is a versatile, high early strength product which provides a durable long term repair.
• High early strength
• Fast turnaround
• No wet curing or curing compounds needed
• Excellent freeze/thaw resistance
• Coarse aggregate extension
• Moisture sensitive coatings can be applied in 24 hours.
• Fiber reinforced for increased structural integrity
• Horizontal repairs
• General repair of concrete structures
• Warehouse floors
• Steps and walkways
• Parking structures
• Formed vertical repairs
PACKAGING AND YIELD
Tasir® Easy-Cure Repair Mortar is packaged in heavy-duty polyethylene lined bags weighing 50 lbs. (22.7 kg) yielding approximately 0.40 cubic feet (11.3 liters) and approximately 0.58 cubic feet (16.4 liters) with a 60% coarse aggregate extension.
One year in original unopened packaging when stored in dry conditions; high relative humidity will reduce shelf life.
TYPICAL PROPERTIES AT 70°F (21°C)
Compressive Strength, ASTM C109
3 Hours2,500 psi (17.2 MPa)
1 Day3,500 psi (24.1 MPa)
7 Days5,000 psi (34.5 MPa)
28 Days7,000 psi (48.3 MPa)
Bond Strength, ASTM C882
1 Day1,500 psi (10.4 MPa)
7 Days2,000 psi (13.8 MPa)
Length Change, ASTM C157
28 Days Wet+0.08%
28 Days Dry-0.08%
Freeze/Thaw Resistance, ASTM C666A
Working Time at 70°F (21°C)10 minutes
The data shown above reflects typical results based on laboratory testing under controlled conditions. Reasonable variations from the data shown above may result. Test methods are modified where applicable.
1. SURFACE PREPARATION: All surfaces in contact with Tasir® Easy-Cure Repair Mortar shall be free of oil, grease, laitance, and other contaminants. Concrete must be clean, sound and rough to ensure a good bond. Mechanically roughen concrete surfaces in accordance with ICRI Technical Guideline 03732 to a minimum concrete surface profile roughness (CSP) 6 or greater. A perimeter edge and minimum depth of 1/2 inch (12 mm) should be provided for a durable repair. Featheredging is not recommended. Soak concrete surfaces prior to application with liberal quantities of potable water leaving the concrete saturated and free of standing water, or use Tasir® Bonding Adhesive. Surfaces shall be conditioned to between 40°F and 90°F (5°C and 32°C) at the time of placement.
2. MIXING: Pre-wet mortar mixer (stationary barrel with moving blades), empty excess water. A drill and paddle mixer is acceptable for single bag mixes. With the mixer running add 80% of the pre-measured potable water (total water content is 3 quarts potable water per 50 lb. unit) to the mixer. While mixing, slowly add Tasir® Easy-Cure Repair Mortar and mix to a uniform consistency for three to four minutes. Adjust consistency if necessary, but do not exceed maximum water content stated on the package or an amount that will cause segregation. Addition of coarse aggregate meeting ASTM C 33 should be used for pours greater than 2 inches (50 mm) in depth; add course aggregate before final water adjustment. Do not mix more material than can be placed within 10 minutes.
3. METHODS OF PLACEMENT: Whenever possible, place Tasir® Easy-Cure Repair Mortar full depth from one side of the repair to the other. To ensure optimal bond development, firmly work material into substrate. Placement should be continuous to prevent cold joints between pours. Finish as necessary. Tasir® Easy-Cure Repair Mortar requires no wet cure or curing compounds.
4. COLD WEATHER PLACEMENT: For use in cold temperatures, Tasir® Easy-Cure Repair Mortar must be maintained at a temperature of at least 40°F (5°C). Protect from freezing until a compressive strength of at least 1,000 psi (6.9 MPa) is obtained. Faster strength gain will occur when the Tasir® Easy-Cure Repair Mortar and mixing water have been conditioned to a higher temperature prior to placement. In hot temperatures, Tasir® Easy-Cure Repair Mortar should be kept as cool as possible, but not exceeding 90°F (32°C). Chilled water should be used for mixing to help maintain sufficient working time.
5. POST-PLACEMENT PROCEDURES: Tasir® Easy-Cure Repair Mortar shall be protected from rapid drying, rain or excessive wind until initial set.
NOTE: PRIOR TO APPLICATION, READ ALL PRODUCT PACKAGING THOROUGHLY. For more detailed placement procedures, refer to Tasir® installation guidelines or call Tasir® Products’ Engineering and Technical Service Center at +86-571-87569602.
• Never exceed the maximum recommended amount of mixing water stated on the package or an amount that will cause segregation.
• Substrate shall be free of frost and ice.
• Repair material shall be protected from freezing until it reaches 1,000 psi (6.9 MPa).
• Placement shall be continuous to avoid cold joints.
Contains cementitious material and crystalline silica. International Agency for Research on Cancer has evaluated that there is sufficient evidence for the carcinogenicity of inhaled crystalline silica to humans. Take appropriate measures to avoid breathing dust. Avoid contact with eyes and contact with skin. In case of contact with eyes, immediately flush with plenty of water for at least 15 minutes. Immediately call a physician. Wash skin thoroughly after handling. Keep product out of reach of children. PRIOR TO USE, REFER TO SAFETY DATA SHEET.
For worldwide availability, additional product information and technical support, contact your local Tasir ® distributor, local sales representative, or call Tasir® Products’Engineering and Technical Service Center at +86-571-87569602.
SKU / PRODUCT CODEDESCRIPTION#UNITS/PALLETUNIT SIZE
ECRMTasir® Easy-Cure Repair Mortar5650 Lb. (22.7 Kg) Bag
WARRANTY: “Tasir PRODUCTS ARE MANUFACTURED TO BE FREE OF MANUFACTURING DEFECTS AND TO MEET FSP’S CURRENT PUBLISHED PHYSICAL PROPERTIES WHEN APPLIED IN ACCORDANCE WITH Tasir’S DIRECTIONS AND TESTED IN ACCORDANCE WITH ASTM AND Tasir STANDARDS. HOWEVER, SHOULD THERE BE DEFECTS OF MANUFACTURING OF ANY KIND, THE SOLE RIGHT OF THE USER WILL BE TO RETURN ALL MATERIALS ALLEGED TO BE DEFECTIVE, FREIGHT PREPAID TO Tasir , FOR REPLACEMENT. THERE ARE NO OTHER WARRANTIES BY Tasir OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS PRODUCT. Tasir SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY SORT, INCLUDING PUNITIVE, ACTUAL, REMOTE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, RESULTING FROM ANY CLAIMS OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF ANY WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR FROM ANY OTHER CAUSE WHATSOEVER. Tasir SHALL ALSO NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR USE OF THIS PRODUCT IN A MANNER TO INFRINGE ON ANY PATENT HELD BY OTHERS.”
Tasir Construction Material&Technology Corporate Headquarters
Tianda Block, Jianggan District, Hangzhou City, Zhejiang Province, China
Specifications Subject to Change.
For most current version of datasheet, go to groutmaterial.com
© 2018Tasir Construction Material&TechnologyCp.,Ltd | 08-21-2018 Rev. H | China Owned & Operated
• Tel: +86-571-28119206
• Fax: +86-571-28197878
groutmaterial.comChina Technical Mortar